Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My worst days....

So yesterday and today are officially my worst days so far but its not really because of the surgery or the expander. I have canker sores, one on the side of my cheek from me biting my cheek and the other is a fairly large one in the very back of my throat! It is so far back there that I have to push down my tounge and look at it through a well lit mirror in order to see it but it is big and it is very painful. It hurts to swallow, talk, eat, just sitting there it hurts. Yesterday I took 10 ib profen and 2 excedrin, used Chloraseptic, sore throat lozenges, Ambesol and I am taking medicine for the herpes simplex virus to try and speed up the healing. Not to mention vitamins, lysine, zinc & b-complex! And yet, I am still in pain over a tiny little round ulcer in the back of my throat! I am so frustrated and tired of these things. I would rather go through surgery all over again than to have this!! I cried last night because it was so bad and then again this morning when I woke up and it was still just as bad. Not only does it hurt but it makes me feel sluggish and grumpy.

On a good note, yesterday I went to the ortho and he took me down to 1 turn every other day for one week and then I am done expanding! Woo Hoo!! So I am scheduled to get braces on the bottom on 7/12. With those, they will rubberband me so that my bottom teeth line up with my top teeth and they will also do something to pull my adult teeth down. I am very excited about all of that and excited that I am almost done with expanding! I have spacers in now on my bottom teeth which are also causing me a little pain but nothing compared to the canker sores. Anyways, guess I better go back to work!

No comments: